Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Playing With the Bug....One of my Favorite Toys!

OK, it is currently -12 degrees outside with the wind chill. Otherwise, our current temperature is 0. It's a little chilly, so I am going to drink my coffee and stay warm, then Rick will come back to pick me up at 9 or so, so I can start my day at the workshop.  
When I'm not playing with Stampin' UP!, I am playing with something else, I love ALL crafts! So I decided to make a few cards with my wonderful new bug, the E2. I needed quick cards to send to a few of my relatives whose birthdays are this month. Here are the 3 cards I made.
      They were very easy to make. I used my Give A Hoot cartridge for the owls and the banner, using all the layers and the shadow options. My card bases are 1/2 fold, or greeting size cards, which are simply a full (8-1/2" x 11") sheet of paper folded in 1/2 to create a finished size of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". I layered a piece of coordinating DSP on top, then simply stamped a quick "Happy Birthday" sentiment on each using the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set with a Versamark ink pad, and embossed them with Black embossing powder for the blue cards, and White embossing powder on the pink card.
I decided to doodle on the pink card. Why not? Girls like doodle things! We're a little quirky that way. I didn't doodle on the blue cards as my "manly" brother and father-in-law wouldn't even notice it. That's just how they roll. 
 I cut the owls at 3-1/2" and the banners at 1-1/4"

Happy Birthday Terri, Steve and Fernando!



No comments:

Post a Comment