Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Stampin UP! Club Projects

This is my 1st official blog entry, so please bear with me as I try to stumble my way along and figure this all out. Maybe one of these days I can even figure out how to personalize my blog the way I want! Oh well, one thing and one day at a time.

If you would like to join my Stampin' Club or if you have any comments/questions, simply shoot me an email, comment on this blog, give me a call or visit my website and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  You can even stop by my workshop if you're in the Lake Geneva, WI area as I would love to meet you!

The temperatures are dropping and it is snowing outside. I cannot think of a better way to stay warm than drinking by my cup of coffee, or should I say "pot of coffee", and uploading the pictures for my January club projects.

This month we are going to make 3 cards, 2 of which are Valentine's Day greetings, and a very cute and feminine Thank You card.



The 1st card in the picture above is an adorable window card. The pictures really don't do it justice and I really do need to invest in a better camera one of these days.

For this card, I used the sentiment from the With All My Heart stamp set. I used Jet Black Stazon for the ink to give it a crisp, sharp look. The base of the card is cut at 4-1/4 x 11 inches. The designer series paper (DSP) I used was from the Neutral Collection of the DSP Packs. I chose the 'printed' paper in the color of Basic Grey. This paper was cut at 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches (the finished size of the card).  I embossed the lower part of the dsp with one of the Adorning Accents textured impressions embossing folders (Gosh, I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE the new items in the Occasions mini catalog!). Then I lightly rubbed the hearts with the sanding block from my distressing kit to reveal the white core of the paper and make the hearts stand out. The entire card is  scalloped at the bottom, using our brand new Adorning Accents edgelits dies from the Occasions mini catalog. The window and frames are cut out of the card using our brand new Hearts Collection framelits dies, also from the Occasions mini. I used some Dotto temporary adhesive in the center back of my Basic Grey dsp, adhered it to the front of my base card and ran them both thru the Big Shot at the same time in order to have perfect placement on the card. For the frames (the other is located on the backside of the window, on the inside of the card) I used 2 of the dies at once on top of 2 layers of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I ran the smallest heart framelit through the big shot twice, to get 2 perfect little hearts from our Red Glimmer paper to layer back-to-back and hang from some thread in the window of the card. This creates a cute, glittery, spinning adornment for the card. The ribbon I used was the Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon. It is such an easy "WOW! card" to create!

A big "Thank You" has to go out to my great friend Melodie this month for asking me to create another Diorama card. This is the 2nd of our 3 make-n-take projects for this month's club. I just love how this card turned out. And I also made it in her favorite colors, pink and purple, or to those of us Stampin' UP! ladies, Blushing Bride and Perfect Plum.
This card is stamped using the new Tea Shoppe set. The inks I used were: Jet Black Stazon; craft Perfect Plum; and, Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride markers. For the base of this card, I used  Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand cardstock, both cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 2" and 6-1/2" on the landscape orientation with my Simply Scored scoreboard. For the center panel, I used another piece of Sahara Sand cs cut at 5-1/2" x 6-1/2" and scored @ 1" and 5-1/2" again in the landscape position. A piece of Very Vanilla was cut at 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" (the finished size of the card) and layered in the center of the back panel so I could stamp and emboss my very cute tea cup. I also used Perfect Plum dsp from the Subtles Collection Dsp Pack and scraps of Very Vanilla. The windows were cut in the same manner as for the Valentine card above, except this time I used the Labels Collection framelits dies. The leftover 'frame' that comes from the dsp fits perfectly in the center window to create your shadow effect. I used the new Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon and punched out the front sentiment using the coordinating Modern Label punch. I love this card!


 For my 3rd and final make-n-take, I made this simple and cute Valentine card.


For the ink, I used Early Espresso. I used Pretty In Pink cs for the base, cut at 4-1/4" x 11". I used Morning Mocha Specialty Dsp cut at 3" x 4" and a piece of Early Espresso CS cut with the same dimensions. I used scraps of Pretty In Pink, Crumb Cake and Red Glimmer paper to adorn the card. The big hearts were cut out using the Full Heart punch and the little guys using the Small Heart punch. I used the scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit die with the Big Shot for the scalloped shadow behind the big hearts. The sentiment was stamped and then cut out using the Designer Label punch, which I then cut out another scrap of Pretty In Pink cs with to shadow the sentiment. The ribbon is our 1/2" Scalloped Dots ribbon in Pretty In Pink.











No comments:

Post a Comment